Friday, February 22, 2013

My First Quilt



So, we're in a new city for one year while my husband finishes up his fellowship. Back in September, I decided to take up a new project while we're here: quilting. My mom gave me a basic Singer machine a few Christmases ago, and even though threading it left me baffled for couple of years, I thought I'd give it a shot. I ordered a Robert Kaufman quilt-con pack since I didn't know anything about matching colors, and then  naively thought that triangles seemed both fun and simple.

And then I discovered that triangles are the devil's shape.


And, as I've learned is usually the case when I quilt, I ended up liking the back better than the front.





1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Becca. I have a friend who wants me to make her a quilt like this and I was wondering if you used a pattern for this quilt?

    ReplyDelete