Friday, February 22, 2013

Adam & Jamie's Wedding Quilt

I have one sibling and wanted to do something *real nice* for him when he decided to marry his lovely girlfriend. I had just started quilting and was nervous about gifting a quilt but wanted to give it a shot.
They like sleek, modern decor, so I thought I'd combine his favorite color, green, with her favorite color, turquoise, and some neutrals: white, slate, and gray. Their wedding color was clover, and I knew I found the perfect shade of green when I came across an old yard of Robert Kaufman clover on etsy.

I was too afraid to wash my first quilt and sent it to Florida with my mom for her to do it in her agitator-less machine. The finished product (not pictured here) looks quiltier and more puckery, just how I'd hoped it would.



I did some fun little heart appliques on the sides, but since I didn't have a free motion foot yet, they had to be intentionally wonky hearts. I kinda like the funkiness. It's quilted with straight lines and slightly squiggly lines. And a fun thing about this quilt is that my bobbin winder stopped working when I had like three stripes left and a serious deadline, so my mom and I hand wound the bobbins. And then I decided never to sew again.

As usual, I like the back better (or at least as well as) the front. I pieced together remnants from the front and added some Riley Blake circles to represent wedding rings, and some chevron scraps and triangles from my first quilt for good measure.



Happy Wedding, Adam & Jamie :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment